SEO Techniques are a set of specific tasks that would be performed by a Search Engine Optimization Company, when employed by a Client who desires high search engine positions to attract targeted traffic, with the intention of increasing their conversion rates and brand awareness.
Effective Website Optimization should enable the Search Engines to Index a site, utilising the most relevant keywords, related to the content which is promoting the goods and services offered by the Client. Implementing successful SEO Techniques require’s an extensive knowledge of logic and a very good understanding of the targeted market sector.
Search Engine Optimization must be focused towards Human visitors in order to achieve good quality traffic and conversion rates. Page Content should be specific, informative and relevant to a search query. Writing relevant, quality content is one of the most important factors or SEO Techniques, which will unlock the doors of your website to real visitors.
A website is a visual and graphic interface to a Company. The web designer will incorporate many skills including graphic design and expert coding to represent the Clients goods and services, to reflect the quality, expertise and brand of the Client. The foundation of strong SEO Techniques should be developed prior to the website design stage by an SEO Specialist. The combination of a professional web designer and SEO professional working in tandem will result in an effective Internet platform, for Search Engine Marketing.
The are many methods of installing good SEO Techniques, but be aware that there are bad techniques that should not be used and avoided at all cost.
Bad techniques include Hidden Text, Optimizing Irrelevant keywords, linking to bad neighbours, keyword stuffing and Doorway or Gateway Pages. These methods of SEO will reveal very little relevant traffic, bad conversion rates and have a high chance of getting your website banned from the search engine index. These methods are often used by “so called” SEO companies offering services at very, very cheap rates.
The Development of your Internet Marketing Strategy is an ongoing process, when optimizing for natural relevant search engine results. The SEO specialist will become an integral part of the Marketing Team.
Studying Market Trends and the analysis of competitors and consumers, combined with extensive keyword research will form the basis of the optimization methodology and will outline the SEO Techniques required for the Internet Marketing Strategy.
Key factors to combine within the SEO Project Plan are as follows;
- Domain Name – Short names are easier to remember ! Include short Primary Keywords ! without hyphens were possible.
- Domain Extension – .com or .net For the Global Market. Use .co.uk for UK Country specific traffic
- Host Location – If your attracting UK business host in the UK.
- URL Names – include relevant keywords – unique to each page.
- Robots.txt – A file which permits or denies access to robots or crawlers to areas of your site.
- Navigation Structure – Keep it simple.
- Meta Tags – Title and Description. – Unique detail for each page, related to page content.
- H1 Tags – Use for the short on page content description.
- H2 and H3 Tags- Use for Headings for sub category’s within the Content
- Page Content – Critical Component.
- Internal Keyword Link Strategy – Use targeted keywords to link between pages.
- Keyword Visibility – Within page Content.
- Image Alt Tags – Helps with Accessibility.
- The site should confirm to the W3C standards.
- Create and submit sitemap’s – formatted in either .xml -.htm – .txt.
- Create and submit RSS feeds to relevant feed directory’s
- Create and submit Articles
- Find relevant websites within the same market sector or niche and form a link partnership.
- Submit your website to relevant or industry related directory’s.
- A link exchange should be formed by utilising relevant keyword Anchor Text.
- Utilise relevant Social Networks and Forums related to your Market Sector.
- Utilise Blog sites relevant to your Market Sector.
The above factors are proven SEO Techniques, that will help increase targeted traffic from achieving good or high ranking search engine positions.
Search Marketing Company’s require an understanding of logical information processing, this article is a primary example of the organic optimization services provided by WebPageOne Solutions.