What is SEO?
SEO is a mission for increased visibility in search engines through quality links, social popularity, relevant copy and domain trust. Search engine optimization SEO is the means to make your website visible to different search engines such as Yahoo, Google and Bing for getting popularity, ranking opportunities doing research of Keywords.
Search engine optimization is the best technique of getting huge traffic to your website. Search engine optimization is a useful technique that helps search engines find out and rank your website greater than the other websites in response to a search question. Hence, SEO helps you in getting traffic from different search engines.
There are various procedures involved in SEO to help you in getting the traffic to your website and increase the page rank. SEO technique introduces your website to a number of people and as a result you get huge traffic.
Why is SEO so important?
If you have recently started your business online then it is very necessary that you get it search engine optimized. The internet has become a big market place. Today more and more web sites are trying to get the attention of different visitors. When a visitor does a search for a particular Keyword, in Most of the Search Engines, only ten sites are shown on the first page, and the rest are almost invisible to the visitors.
If your site is listed in the second page and not in the first page for that particular keyword then it does not get the traffic to make it popular. The most efficient way to attain more traffic is to opt for SEO, which helps your site accomplish top ranking at different search engines such as Google, Yahoo and Bing.
Hence SEO has huge importance in getting success in online business. It is only search engine optimization that makes your site visible in online business. It also explains why your site needs SEO. It is an ultimate need.
SEO is important for many other reasons aswell. More than 90% of internet users make use of search engines for navigating the web. Nearly 85% of search engine users neglect past the first forty results. 8 out of 10 searches are done by many people from the topmost search engines. 8 out of 10 searches are done from search engines such as Bing, Google and Yahoo. Nearly 77% of people who use internet make use of search engines very often as compared to other online media as a leading tool to find out different web links, e-mail links and surpassing banner ads.
Some SEO tips to make your site popular
You need to follow SEO tips if you want to successfully run your SEO campaign. To get the traffic for your website and get the profits in your online website marketing business, you need to follow a few easy to follow search engine optimization tips that are given below.
- You need to do a keywords research. It is one of the crucial steps in SEO campaign before you start. You need to completely research all of the keywords you wish to make use of. It makes a great difference in your strategy.
- Do not commit the mistake of using the similar Meta tags for each page. Meta tags must be unique for every page. Even, ensure to make use of the keywords and write an effective title.
- The current trend favors ethical SEO; hence you need to create quality and unique content for different web pages so that users can easily navigate through them.
- You should avoid having low quality links. Rather than obtaining links from link farms, you should research status of those sites before getting links from them. You can use Alexa ranks to know the status of the website. It is the best way to check the popularity of the site and even the page rank of the site.
- Never overdo reciprocal links as reciprocal linking is valuable only if done in small number and if the links are related to your site. Even, ensure to have a diverse set of links including articles, blogs, forums and social media bookmarking. Never use the links with the similar anchor text. There are many search engines that do not like links, which make use of the similar anchor text.
- You need to make website updates on regular basis. If you do not update your website regularly then it is of no use. You need to update latest news, current information and fresh content to your site on regular basis. Updating your site regularly is one of the best ways of catching the eye of search engine robots.
- You should look for your competitors. It is always best to know what other website owners doing on their site and what they are doing to get good quality links.
- You should design your site SEO friendly. You do not need to follow a set SEO strategy while designing a website. You should avoid heavy flash, plenty of graphics, as search engine robots crawl text but do not crawl images. The keys of getting success in online business is to make good meta tags for web pages and insert fresh and helpful content. If you are not designing your site and hiring somebody else to do that work then you need to search for an expert SEO and website designer.
- You need to keep localization in your mind. Many advantages are there of reaching out to the local audience. Apart from getting local customers, including region-based keyword phrases will surely help you as you need to face less competition for that particular keyword.